Whether you are a busy entrepreneur or author, a supported self-publishing package may suit your goals. As an ethical small business, we take due care with your project, helping its success.
Non-Fiction Book Publishing Assist
Book Publishing Assist suits someone who has written a non-fiction success/health/other niche book under THEIR publishing name, that they will promote locally, sell via ebook channels, and sell to clients.
- Mentoring on the parts of a book, how much royalty you get, expected sales, library needs, etc. (See Jenniferlancaster.com.au)
- Custom Cover Design (optional – or bring own design)
- Copy Editing included (Value $1,200 for 30,000 words)
- Polished Copy for the back cover/description (4 or 5 hot selling points)
- Interior book design and artwork, including all files for you to keep*
- Set up and quoting of book print orders.
- eBook formatting & conversion, distributed to: Amazon Kindle, Apple iBooks, Kobo, B&N, Scribd (or as desired)
- Image insertions (high res): up to 10 inclusive
- Australians: Help to claim a tax exemption for US sales
- Help with ISBN for your book, cover templates, and registration with MyIdentifiers (Your imprint)
- Book title available to 38,000+ online bookstores.
- Push library sales. 4 x Australian library suppliers notified
- Keep all Royalties for author copies and Print on Demand, after print cost and online retailer margin
- You receive 1 proof copy to check, printed and delivered
- Author print orders are provided at bulk discount
- Guidance on inclusions in the book
- 3 x Legal Deposit copies taken care of
- Social posting to our media on launch week.
- YOU KEEP ROYALTIES, except for 5% if using our Kindle/Smashwords eBook account.
This Package is AUD $2,700, for a 30,000-word book. No GST.
- Niche Marketing and Book Guide (PDF)
- Bookmark graphic design & print
- Shipping included in proof.
*Revisions. Our assistance in revising manuscripts or artwork is charged at $30 per half hour. Revisions made after our upload to IngramSpark is sometimes charged for by them ($35).
Power of Words does not yet charge the GST. A one-third deposit will be invoiced on acceptance. One-third on delivery of layout and one-third on proof. ABN 80 544 508 158
Lead Magnet Report Package
This writing package is for generating leads to any business website.
- Ghost writing of report (of around 5 pages or 10 pages + your byline in a text box)
- Awesome opt-in box designed, with Report Cover mini 3D graphic. (Value of $110) (coding not included)
- Two (2) chatty emails written to interest clients in the ebook or report.
- You could choose to sell this report if you want, no exclusions apply.
- Ghost written. You can appear as the author — then no mention of this project on our websites.
- 1 Hour consultation included by Skype or phone, or Margate, Qld office. (If not sure yet, then a $60 meeting charge applies).
- Get a guide on how to implement a Lead Magnet report the right way.
From $460 to $840 — Please see Report Writing Options.
We have writing at our heart! We love books and enjoy supporting authors and business owners with profitable ways to sell their book or use their book.
Book Marketing is important! So see Challenges of Business Book Publishing.
If you simply need editing of your book or typesetting… then editor Jennifer Lancaster provides this.
Please see Types of Editing Services at JenniferLancaster.com.au.
Terms and Conditions
Any services outside of package outlined will be invoiced at a rate of A$60 inclusive per hour, on agreement of work to be done. e.g. photography re-sizing/mode, manuscript conversions/uploads on other platforms.
Editing rates: $65 per hour for copy editing, or as quoted in package.
All royalties due after retailer margin will be sent to author directly at end of quarter. Amazon tend to pay 70% for ebooks priced $2.99 – 9.99 (less 5% taxes) in Euro/UK, Aust/NZ (minus VAT).
Apple, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, etc pay 60% on ebooks. You can get 85% of retail sales price from linking your web page to a Smashwords book buy page.
Setup Fees. We pay initial setup fees at the Print on Demand platform – please check your service agreement.
US Taxes/Income Tax. Power of Words can help you claim a treaty on 25% of the 30% withholding tax on US royalties. Also speak to your Accountant about your royalties, tax liabilities and possible deductions.
Book Sales data. Book sales spreadsheet and payment data is sent to your email address every quarter from the POD supplier. Book sales from your own website will have the best royalty rate if keeping an inventory.
Author print order costs are quoted to you, then invoiced to you to pay right away. You receive delivery at your nominated street address and rush delivery can be arranged.
Note on ISBNs. If revising, renaming, or republishing the book in any form then a new ISBN is needed. We provide mentoring on the ISBN process and legal deposits.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]