About Power of Words
Founded in 2008 in Brisbane, Jennifer Lancaster started out as a freelance copywriter and book author. Often working with small business people, supporting their website goals, she easily transferred to helping authors with book publishing. Jennifer's main skill is in line editing, developmental/structural editing, and typesetting... with a huge library of knowledge on self-publishing and publishing for profit.
So... why not put her background in MARKETING and shoestring promotion to good use?
Proprietor's Career Experience
Besides freelancing, Jennifer Lancaster has also worked in-house as a marketing specialist for companies: Team Accounting, I Want That CRM, PWF property investing, Red Planet Design, and Plunkett & Johnson.
Jennifer often works with service businesses who want to put across their expertise. Mainly, this has been by:
- writing blogs, lead magnets (emailed guides) and better website copy
- writing company profiles and case studies
- editing company news and tips, or
- editing lead magnets and drip-fed email courses
The Power of Words 'Purple Cow' is:
finding a creative angle to align and market your books--and an 'author-first' approach.
Our theories are best read in Jennifer's book, Power Marketing.
Past clients of Power of Words have included:
- Leading accountants, Lee & Lee
- Property education providers
- Education/literacy consultant, counsellors
- Change management consultant
- Mortgage brokers building their own brand
- CRM Software consultants
- Aim Lab - the manufacturer of robotic archiving stations
- BioElectronics - makers of TENS pain relief products
Many different coaches, retired professionals, and specialists have used our book editing and production service over the past five years.
Jennifer Lancaster has line edited many books across the health and body, memoir, personal development and wealth genres. She also coaches selected non-fiction authors in developing a book and helping with all the decisions.
Power of Words means putting powerful words into headlines, sales copy, and book blurbs.
Power Marketing means using your book/content and thought leadership to impress a target audience, along with testing and monitoring.
Yes! We can refer you to a supportive Book Cover Designer and Book Interior Formatter who is affordable and print-savvy.
Please let us know if you need other valued contacts who can work with you.